Alumni Hall houses approximately 110 sophomore men and women enrolled in the Sophomore Service Learning Community in single, double and triple room accommodations. Alumni Hall Gymnasium is used for a variety of student fitness classes including dance and yoga. The gym was the original home of the Villanova Basketball team. The east wing of Alumni Hall is the oldest structure on the Villanova campus, dating to 1848. During the University's earliest years, Alumni Hall was the main college center. Remodeled in 1920, the building was renamed Alumni Hall in honor of graduates who had financially supported the renovation effort.